In this seminar students will cover the medical conditions and the Islamic law relating to the menstruation cycle and purification.
Students will gain a deep insight into the physiology and medical conditions relating to the female menstruation cycle. Thereafter, the Islamic law pertaining to menses and purification will be taught in-depth, with Q&A available throughout the sessions.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- understand the practice of abortion and contraceptive pills
- understand the physiology of the menstruation cycle
- recall the medical conditions pertaining to regular and irregular bleeding/discharge
- understand the fiqh of the menstruation cycle
- understand the fiqh of nifaas
Shaykh Dr. Mohammad Akram Nadwi, a graduate of the world renowned Nadwatul Ulama, India, is a Muḥaddith of the highest calibre. He has a doctorate in Arabic Language and has authored and translated over 30 titles on Language, Jurisprudence, Qurʾān and Ḥadīth. Shaykh Akram worked as a research fellow at the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies for over 20 years. He is currently a Senior Lecturer of Advanced Islamic Sciences at Al-Salam Institute, London.